Thank you for choosing Irwin Lake Chalets and viewing our General Policies below.
At Irwin Lake Chalets in Nova Scotia, all weekends are a minimum two night booking (Friday/Saturday), with 5 exceptions where we require a 3 night minimum stay: Easter Friday/Saturday/Sunday, February Heritage Day weekend, Labour Day weekend, Christmas December 24/25/26 and New Year’s December 31/January 1/2. Our Statutory holiday’s can book as much as a year in advance.
Christmas and New Year’s
As with all holidays, Christmas and New Year’s bookings require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit at time of booking. This will be credited to your invoice. We normally require 5 days cancellation, however, our cancellation date for Christmas and New Year’s is December 7. All Christmas and New Year’s bookings will be rung through in full, on December 7.
Do not hesitate to contact us last minute however if you are looking for a one night week end stay, as we may have had a cancellation.
• We accept cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard and e-transfer. We are not able to accept Visa Debit or Master Card Debit.
• For cancellations, please refer to our Cancellation Policy link below as cancellations are accepted by email only.
• All deposits and additional fees are subject to HST (15% tax).
• All rates are based on double occupancy, two guests per bed. Check in time is 3:00pm – Check out time is 11:00am.
• With the exception of our Deer Nook chalet, all of our chalets have their own private hot tub, therefore our one bedroom chalets are restricted to 2 adults and our two bedroom chalets are restricted to 4 adults.
• We are a pet-friendly retreat and accept pets on our property in all chalets with the exception of our Deer Nook. Please notify us upon booking if any pets are traveling with you. There will be a fee of $10.00 + HST per pet per night added to your account. All visiting pets must ask their owners to bring blankets and towels to wipe feet on rainy days. Pets are not permitted on furniture or bedding. Please see our full Pet Policy page on our website.
• We have a quiet time or “do not disturb other guests” policy from 10.00 pm – 8.00 am on the property. In the event there is a disturbance in your chalet, you may be asked to leave. If your disturbance disrupts adjacent guests, your credit card will be charged for the refund of the other guest.
• Other than family reunions, small wedding gatherings or small organized functions, we do not book groups for parties. We offer a tranquil setting for guests to spend their time away as peaceful as possible. Any gatherings for the purpose of partying would go against what we offer and would be a contrast to our motto of Life at Mother Nature’s Pace.
• Reservations are confirmed by phone only, unless otherwise requested. We require full name, phone number, Visa or Master Card, number of people checking in, whether pets will be with you and your estimated time of arrival. Because our cancellation policy is 5 days prior to check in, if you book within 5 days of your arrival date, we reserve the right to ring your card through upon booking.
• All of our cottages are non-smoking however smoking is permitted outside on your covered deck or at the water front where a receptacle is provided. A cleaning fee of $250.00 will be charged to any guest who does not follow this policy.
We require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit for all holidays, long week ends and bookings of one week or more. If you are booking two or more chalets for any stay, we also require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit per chalet. The remaining balance of your reservation will be processed upon checkin in, the day of your arrival. All other bookings require a $20.00 deposit which will be credited to your invoice upon check in, or will be your administration fee should you cancel more than 5 days prior to your booking.
Owner reserves the right to refuse anyone and will not be held responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss of valuables of any kind.
Cancellations must be submitted by email only so that both parties have a record of the cancellation. If you call to cancel your booking, we will request a follow up email from you. For your convenience, on our cancellation policy page, we have included a hyperlink directly to our email. If we have not received an email from you regarding your cancellation, we will consider your booking confirmed and you will be billed accordingly. For full details please visit our ‘Cancellation Policy’ page.