Thank you for choosing Irwin Lake Chalets and viewing our General Policies below.
• At Irwin Lake Chalets we require a two night minimum stay on week ends for the months of July and August. Also, all long holiday week ends with these 4 exceptions where we require a 3 night minimum stay: December 24/25/26 , Easter Friday/Saturday/Sunday, February Family Day week end and Labour Day week end. Our New Year’s is a 2-night policy including December 31/1. Do not hesitate to contact us last minute however if you are looking for a one night stay, as we may have had a cancellation.
• We accept cash, debit, Visa, and MasterCard.
• For cancellations, please refer to our Cancellation Policy link below.
• All deposits and additional fees are subject to HST (15% tax).
• All rates are based on double occupancy, two guests per bed.
• Check in time is 3:00pm – Check out time is 11:00am.
• Late check-out upon request; a late check-out fee will apply. (Acceptance of a late check-out is solely within the discretion of ILC and is subject to availability of your cottage on the day of your check-out).
• With the exception of our 3 hot tub chalets, Eagle’s Nest, Rabbit Furrow and Owl’s Perch, we allow (two) extra guests per cottage for any overnight stay for an additional fee of $10.00 + HST per night per guest. **(fee only applies for ages 5 years and older).
• We are pet friendly and accept pets on our property in all chalets with the exception of our Deer Nook chalet. Please notify us upon booking if any pets are traveling with you. There will be a fee of $10.00 + HST per pet per night added to your account. Please see our full Pet Policy page on our website.
• We have a quiet time or “do not disturb other guests” policy from 10.00 pm – 8.00 am on the property. In the event there is a disturbance in your chalet, you may be asked to leave. If your disturbance causes another guest to leave, your credit card will be charged for the refund of the other guest.
• Other than family reunions, small wedding gatherings or small organized functions, we do not book groups for parties. We offer a tranquil setting, for guests to spend their time away as peaceful as possible. Any gatherings for the purpose of partying would go against what we offer and would be a contrast to our motto of Life at Mother Nature’s Pace.
• Reservations are confirmed by phone only, unless otherwise requested. We require full name, phone number, Visa or Master Card, number of people checking in, whether pets will be with you and your estimated time of arrival. Because our cancellation policy is 5 days prior to check in, if you book within 5 days of your arrival date, we reserve the right to ring your card through upon booking.
• All of our cottages are non-smoking however smoking is permitted outside on your covered deck or at the water front where a receptacle is provided. A cleaning fee of $250.00 will be charged to any guest who does not follow this policy.
We do not request a booking deposit other than the following. We require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit for all holidays and long week ends. If you are booking two or more chalets for any stay, we also require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit per chalet. The remaining balance of your reservation will be processed upon the day of your arrival.
Owner reserves the right to refuse anyone and will not be held responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss of valuables of any kind.
Cancellations are confirmed by email so that both parties have a record of the cancellation. If you call to cancel your booking, we will request a follow up email from you. For your convenience, on our cancellation policy page, we have included a hyperlink directly to our email. If we have not received an email from you regarding your cancellation, we will consider your booking confirmed and you will be billed accordingly. For full details please visit our ‘Cancellation Policy’ page.